Consultation on 2025/26 Admission Arrangements
Notice of proposed changes to the Olympus Academy Trust
Admissions Arrangements for the academic year 2025/2026
The Olympus Academy Trust is consulting on its proposed admission arrangements for the academic year 2025/26.
The consultation will be open from 20th November 2023 to the 12th January 2024.
Full draft arrangements for all schools can be read at https://www.olympustrust.co.uk/Admissions/
Paper copies are also available on request.
- 2025-26 Olympus Trust Briefing Note
- Abbeywood 2025 v0 1
- BSCS 2025 v0 1
- Callicroft 2025 v0 1
- Charborough 2025 v0 1
- Filton Hill 2025 v0 1
- Meadowbrook 2025 v0 1
- Patchway 2025 v0 1
- Stoke Lodge 2025 v0 1
- Winterbourne 2025 v0 1
The main changes are as follows:
1. Abbeywood Community School is proposing to increase its Published Admission Number (PAN) for Year 7 from 180 to 240, following a firm commitment from the Local Authority to fund extra accommodation on site.
2. Abbeywood Community School is also proposing to remove the Year 10 point
of entry, as the extra students in current Years 7 to 9, and the increased PAN from 2025 will mean we cannot continue to take in more students at Key Stage 4.
3. Olympus Post 16 Centres propose to reduce their Year 12 PAN for external candidates from 25 students to 5, based on increased uptake from internal candidates and ensuing Health and Safety considerations.
4. As part of a Local Authority review of Areas of Prime Responsibility (APR) across the county, Olympus has been requested to extend to the East the existing Shared APR for Abbeywood Community School, Bradley Stoke Community School and Patchway Community School. The existing Shared APR, and the proposed extension, are shown on the map below.
The hatched area currently falls within Marlwood School’s APR, but it is proposed to move it into the Shared APR for Abbeywood, Bradley Stoke and Patchway Community Schools.
Feedback, comments, queries and requests for copies of the policy should be addressed to:
Lisa Stevens, Admissions Lead
Olympus Central Office
17 High Street
Tel: 01454 252059