How to Apply to Sixth Form
Stage One: October to December
- Attend our Post 16 Open Events:
- Abbeywood Community School (incorporating specialist Engineering provision run at Bristol Technical & Engineering Academy – Tuesday 2nd November
- Bradley Stoke Community School – Wednesday 3rd November
- Winterbourne Academy – Thursday 4th November
- Choose courses you want to study at Post 16
- In November/December current Olympus Year 11 students will complete an initial application form in tutor time, they will give their first thoughts on the subjects they might study. After this date, students have plenty of opportunity to change their mind about which subjects they want to study.
- If you are not currently at any Olympus Academy Trust School, please apply here: Olympus Post 16 External Application Form
Here are some useful resources:
Russell Group Informed Choices – Use Informed Choices to help you understand which subjects open up different degrees, particularly at Russell Group universities.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Sept 2021
Subject and Course Information Booklet
Stage Two: January to April
- Students will have an interview with a member of the Post 16 Team to discuss their chosen subjects and check if their timetable will fit
- Centres will be holding a drop-in for any parents who have questions about the Post 16 Application Process and details of these will be shared nearer the time.
- A letter will be sent home to parents in April with details of provisional courses chosen by students.
Stage Three: May to August
- Students should focus on working hard towards achieving the best grades possible
- Students will be invited in for a Taster Day in July where they will be set Bridging Work to support them with the transition from Year 11 to 12
- Parents will be invited in to centres to be updated on the application process and to be given tips on how best to support students with the transition to Post 16.
- On Results Day, members of the Post 16 team will be available to support students. It is essential that on Results Day external students attend the Post 16 centre they are applying to with a copy of their results.
If you have any questions or want more information, please don’t hesitate in getting in touch. Here are the contact details of key staff:
Abbeywood (including BTEA) – Mrs Gemma Shafto – Gemma.Shafto@olympustrust.co.uk
Bradley Stoke – Miss Sadie McCombe – Sadie.email@example.com
Winterbourne – Miss Danielle Jolosa – Danielle.Jolosa@olympustrust.co.uk